Saturday, November 8, 2008

Halloween Fun











Halloween is one of my favorite holidays.  I LOVE seeing all the costumes and enjoy the people passing out candy--it's just FUN!  Or it's supposed to be--but my little Abby thought otherwise this year.  She insisted on sitting in the stroller, threw her bag at me while yelling, and didn'twant anything to do with it.--not my child.....
We went out for about an hour and had a blast--(once Abby parked her sweet behind in the stroller)--she still wanted nothing to do with the cute cat bag--but she wanted everyone to put candy on her lap!  Every time someone would give Carter a treat he'd come running to me, Llook mom, you love this!" or "This is my favorite!"  Brandon just walked a head of us most of the time--we were pretty slow with Ms. Muffet who sat on her tuffet in the stroller.  I think the boys enjoyed passing out candy more then they did floating around the neighborhood.  

After trick or treat was over, we had our "fire" and roasted hot dogs and s'mores.  It was a gorgeous night and we saw a shooting star!!  It was awesome-it was the first time Brandon or my mom had seen one and it was so fitting because my mom had Brandon snuggled in her arms.  I'm so mad that I had put the camera away--I would have loved to have had a picture of mom and B together while he was on her lap---oh well.

  

8 comments:

Summer said...

Oh- how sweet! Oh- and photographer's advice- when you miss a shot- re-create. We actually did re-takes of our wedding pics at the temple two months after we were married. Now- six years later- we are SO glad we actually got the shots we wanted, even if they were a couple of months after the fact. We felt so phony at the time, but two months is looking shorter and shorter the further we get from our wedding date. ;)

Stick him back in her lap. Have them look at the sky and point. Ten years from now, it will seem just the same as if you had caught it while it was happening.

Lisa said...

That cruella costume is hilarious!! Who is behind the scary Pirates costume? Briggs was Jack Sparro, they would have been perfect together. I love halloween too. How fun!

Kelly said...

Your kiddos look adorable in their costumes, and yours is awesome, too!! I loved Halloween this year- the weather was oh so perfect!
Love the pumpkin painting- that is usually what we opt for too- but this year we just forgot! Oh well- your kids look like they had a blast!

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

You were HOT as Cruella!
What a fun Halloween. :o)

Amanda B. said...

Halloween is really such a blast! Love the costumes and the pumpkins. I agree that Halloween is an awesome holiday!

Autumn said...

How fun! And I love your costume!

Emilee said...

kelly, i just love all the kids customes and ur c.d one of course, i just LOVE IT!
Love ya,
Em!

Cari said...

I will never forget Neal in his Superman Suit. NEVER NEVER That was so hilarious.