Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Everyone stay healthy

Today started with my oldest, Brandon, running a fever that started late last night.  His temp was 103.8 under the arm!  I talked to the doctor and he told me that he has seen a lot of virus going around.  That you just need to do all you can to keep the fever down and ride it out.  So if your little ones have a fever and no other symptoms, you may just have one of these viruses.  Brandon's temp would spike, then go down, then spike.  I'm not a doctor, but that's what mine said-so this might save you a unnecessary trip to the doctors office.  (i had called and left a message for the dr. and then i decided to just make an appt.--right before I called to schedule the appt. my doctor called back)  So many of you have had sick littles, or have been sick yourself.  I hope you are feeling better.  This one day nice, next day crappy weather doesn't help either.  My healthy kids were dying to go out and play today.  Just too cold.  And we had two school activities planned today and we were all pretty bummed not to have been able to go.  This staying inside stuff is awful!  I REALLY hope Brandon feels better in the morning so we can go to co-op.  We missed last week because Carter had this virus and both boys had croup--not going to co-op made both boys sad.  So they (and me) are really hoping we can go tomorrow.
Alright--I'm going to bed after watching the depressing news.
Oh-BTW, I did post pictures of the ugly duck, geese, turkey bird I saw yesterday at the pond.  It's on my fb page.  Check it out--it is a site!!

3 comments:

Amanda B. said...

Those fever viruses can be tough because there isn't much you can do and they can sometimes hang on forever it seems. I do hope they get over it soon! Hang in there. Think of it this way....3 weeks from now, it really will be spring!!! We must believe!! :)

Suzanne said...

My kids all had that last week. My 4yr olds temp got up to 105.5. Scary high. But it did only last about a day and then they had the runs for a couple of days. It could have been a lot worse. Hope it passes through your house quickly so you can get outside.

Summer said...

:( Hope it is ridden out already... What a weird virus, huh?