Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Great days ahead

Today was so beautiful!  It was warm and very sunny--which means Spring is on it's way, right???  Not in Ohio!  Tomorrow we are suppose to see a 40 degree difference then today's temp.  Go figure.  But I am holding on that we will see brighter days soon.
And for today--we enjoyed it!  I took the kids to a near-by pond and we unloaded some old bread.  We had a great time.  Carter enjoyed chasing the geese and Brandon explored around the pond looking for the geese that weren't getting any.  Abby threw bread and then would hang on to me like the ducks and geese might try her too.  The geese swarmed us like we were celebrities or something.  I mean, real red carpet treatment--wouldn't leave us alone.
After sharing bread with the ducks, we went on a nice walk and checked out the nature.  Fun stuff.  Then tonight--we grilled out.  I LOVE the smell of the grill and having the window and doors open.  I'm really looking forward to spring, I'm telling ya!  
And--the best part of the day--I finally worked out!!  I know--most of you do this and you are my heroes.  It takes all that I have to get up early so I can work out.  I actually did it today.  Isn't it funny that once you work out you feel like 10 lbs lighter.  Then once you eat your first cookie after the workout you feel 10 lbs heavier?  I hope I feel good tomorrow and can get my tail out of bed.  Sure would like to feel good again today.  
Hope everyone is doing well.  You are wonderful ladies.  Thanks for welcoming back into the blog world.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Check you out with the daily blogging! You are awesome!! Where are the pics of the ducks- and the odd one you wrote about on FB?! Pictures, pictures!!

Summer said...

Well, good for you!! Hope you got your tail out of bed this morning, too. ;D I totally agree with the 10 lb phenomenon. Drives me crazy!

Lisa said...

Keellllllyyyyyyyyyyyyy……I am so proud of you! Maybe I can do the same again one of these days. I am eating a lot more cookies but not so much of the exercise. We were in freezing cold Cleveland the past three days and Cory told me it was almost 70 degrees here yesterday--I was so bummed to miss it. May there be warmer days ahead of us sooner rather than later :)