Monday, March 9, 2009

Fun on Mondays

I'm not a big fan of starting Mondays, but I love Monday nights!!!  They are my favorite night of the week.  It's the night of the week when the whole family is together-it's called Family Home Evening(FHE).  When dad gets home, the fun starts.  We let the phone go unanswered, the tv./electronics are off, and we are ready for some great times together.  We pray, sing songs, have a nice spiritual lesson (which we take turns doing) and then of course snacks and games.  I just have to say, there is NOTHING like having children teach you.  Last week my sons, Brandon and Carter, team taught about blessings.  Carter held up pictures, while Brandon taught us what was happening in the pictures.  Brandon had picked out the pictures by himself.  (We have a blue filing folder/book that has pictures and stories from the Scriptures.)  I sat and watched and thought how pleased our Heavenly Father must be when tiny families meet together and share what life is really about, especially with so much "wrong" going on in the world.  I am grateful for my family and love them so much.  
Tonight we learned about Helamen's 2000 warriors and my hubby and the children all paid a nice tribute to me as a mom.  (Maybe they felt they had to since the 2000 warriors mothers were the bomb!)  It's so awesome hearing your kids say, "I want to share my testimony, that mom is the boss".  hee hee :)  just kidding.
We just finished making banana muffins for our snack.  They smell wonderful and I'm so ready to stuff my cheeks.  There goes the timer---peace out!!


3 comments:

Britney said...

Kelly, it's great to see you back in the blogging world. Missed ya!

This post about your enthusiasm for FHE has inspired me to do a little better in our own Monday night planning/execution. Thanks for the great example you set!

Lisa said...

I like the tribute to you as the mom. That made me smile! Hope your family is feeling better. We need to catch up!

Suzanne said...

What a great night! I'm sure your FHE's are very fun. We've had basketball and now soccer on Monday night since the first of the year so we've not been very good at doing our FHE. But my kids miss it and ask to do one occasionally. It's always great to have family time!

By the way, I think our kids are about the same ages. Mine are 2(almost), 4 & 6.