Thursday, March 26, 2009

Just another day

This week has been busy.  My hubby's bro and sister in law came into town for a few days.  We had so much fun seeing them and having Uncle "B" rowdy up my boys right before bedtime.  We all love them and had a great time having them here.
As most of you know, my mom is getting married.  I am planning and decorating and am grateful to have a friend helping me.  Last night we got so much done and I feel like I just finished a big report for school or something.  Feels good to have it all down on paper--seeing how it turns out may be a different story.  But I think it will be really nice.
Today during co-op for the boys, I took Abby for a quick shopping trip.  I found her a cute dress for the wedding and found Carter a nice suit.  I was SO excited to find them, only to get home and find out that the suite coat doesn't match the pants!  I'm really hoping I can return it and get a good set.  Carter tried it on and looked like G-Q smooth!  I bought the boys matching ties, too.  I really enjoy finding cute stuff for my kids, at real stores.  By real stores, I mean most of my shopping for the kids is done at Once Upon a Child, garage sales, or hand-me-downs.  Don't let me fool you though, I'm all about finding a good sale at a "real" store.  End of the season sales are great :)
And now we're home.  I'm enjoying the sound of Abby making noises at the flowers and rocks in a bowl I have on the table.  She keeps making sounds, and then whispering to each item.  Wonder what she is saying.  She's probably explaining why her face is getting red for a moment and then quickly back to normal color--then back to red.  Thank goodness those rocks and flowers can't smell, because I know what she's doing.  I'm off to get the diaper and wipes....

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I hadn't heard your mom was getting married. I'll have to pass the news on to my parents. Tell her I send her my best.

Lisa said...

We miss you guys! We need to get together soon. Hey I'd love to help decorate as well for your mom's wedding. Let me know what I can do to help you! Glad you had fun with family.