Tuesday, October 14, 2008

And then there were 6

Anyone know why the Brady Bunch is so unrealistic?  Mike met Carrol when the kids weren't babies--Bobby and Cindy weren't even toddlers.  So how did they make it work?  I think it's because the kids were old enough to know if they acted out, Mike would take them in the den and give them the belt.  Just kidding--I think it's because the kids were old enough to understand how to behave and they had Alice.  Alice was like the "pretender".  That cool lady could do anything.  One minute she could be doing laundry, the next minute comforting the sad, the next minute chasing the dog, and still have the energy and the look to go to the meat market.  I mean, how many 65 year old women can go walking into a meat market and get free meat without showing a little.  You know what I'm talking about, she'd just say,"hi" to Sam and he'd melt.  Could you imagine if we all had an Alice around how much time and money we would save?  Let me get back on track to why I'm thinking about the Brady Bunch--It's almost been 24 hours since I've doubled in kid size.  Yesterday my good friend went out of town for the night to watch an NFL football game with her hubby and in laws.  She asked us if we could watch her kids for the night and my family has been so excited to have them.  We couldn't believe the day finally arrived!  I have the cupboards full, the books out, the costumes ready for play, cars, pack in plays, games, what else do you need?  Let me tell you, I need an Alice. The two 2 year olds fight over everything and have had several melt downs.  Actually here's another one-they are fighting over a play hairdryer.  The girl wants it for her doll and the other for a gun.  Gotta go comfort the melt downers.--I'm back, OK--I'm off again, they are yelling at each other.  Here we go.... Having 6 kids under 6--where's Alice when you need her?  And Breezi, when the fairy is done cleaning your pad, send her here--tell her to plan on staying a good week.:)

7 comments:

Moms Are Contagious said...

Sounds like you have your hands full! That is definitely a huge undertaking! Good luck!

Kelly said...

They call those ones "crazy!" Now you know why us less crazy ones don't have that many!! I have a million less brain cells from the three I have. It's 3rd down, and we are punting- no more from here!

Moms Are Contagious said...

3rd down and punting? LOL! I thought you only do that on 4th down...? ha!ha!

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

Kel- My cleaning Fairy is on her way... (Just make lots of cookies)
If you need anything, let me know.. I'll be there for you!

Good luck with your sanity.

(p.s. I LOVE your little story.. and I too want an Alice, if not for the free meat alone. I bet she shook it a little for Sam when the camera wasn't on her! haha)

Angi said...

KELLY!

Oh my goodness, I am so so happy you "stopped by" to say hello! How are you doing? Looks like you've been...busy...the past few years! :)

Your family is beautiful! It's so wonderful to see three little happy and smiling faces...

Would love to email and catch up sometime.

Hope all is well with you!

Home Management Group said...

Let me know if you find an Alice. I'd like one! Would she work for a discount if I only have 3 kids?!

Jeremy and Annisha and family said...

Good luck!