Thursday, October 2, 2008

Marathon


My husband is my hero.  He has been training just over a year now to run a marathon.  He did it last weekend:)  He ran 26.2 miles in Akron, Ohio.  He did really well and I was glad to go and cheer him on.  I was lounging in a chair on the side of the street, cheering on the runners, eating a donut.  (just kidding about the donut)  Brandon and Carter came down with Neal's parents and they got to see him 2 times during the race and loved that!  Abby stayed the night with Grandpa Hamm and Grandma Tammy.  We sure do love our "daddy" and I was so glad to see him at the finish line--I was so proud and even cried.  And I have to add this---if you know me, I HATE sweat!!!  After Neal would come home from his nightly runs, he wasn't even allowed on the couch or near me for that matter.  Neal kept teasing me about hugging him at the end of the race and to my surprise, I did!  Surprised?  I was too. 
Now he's trying to get me in the running spirit.  My running consists of running to the store and other errands.  Who knows, maybe I'll see if I can get a 5K sometime....
The following is a link to photos---www.runphotos. com.  He ran the RoadrunnerAkronMarathon and to view them, you just need to type in our last name.

3 comments:

Jeremy and Annisha and family said...

Way to go Neal! Very impressive!! Kelly, way to be a supportive wife! I'm so happy you have a blog now. What a beautiful family. We love you guys.

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

I would have been eating doughnuts. I think it's only proper. :o)

Good job Neal!

Lisa said...

Love the donut part, that is totally me! Great job Neal! Maybe someday, I'll get a 5 k in with you Kelly, I'm not sure I'm down with the whole marathon.