Thursday, October 9, 2008

Please Read NOW

You might have seen on channel 10 news tonight about a shooting that happened today in Blacklick.  This happened in a upscale neighborhood in broad day light.  The shooting happened next door to Neal's parents house.  NEXT DOOR!  Neal's dad was on their screened in porch reading the newspaper when he heard some noise coming from next door.  He first thought it was the teenage sisters getting into a fight, but then realized the noise was of terror.  He ran through the house and out the front door to find his neighbor lying in the front yard sobbing and yelling, "He has taken my girls!  I've been shot!"  Neal's dad ran in and called 911. Apparently the family had their garage door open and a man came in through the garage and started shooting.  The two children that were home escaped out of an upstairs window, but the women was  fighting with the man downstairs and was shot.  Another neighbor who was working in his yard heard the commotion and ran over to the women who made it out of her front door.  The neighbor saw the man escaping behind a bush and saw him get into his jeep and speed off.  The shooter didn't try to take anything and was obviously there to take a life.
The women had never seen the man before and they don't have any motives right now.  It's just shocking to me and scary to know that it could have been my mother-in-law or any one of us for that matter.  You just never know.  So please--I know we've all heard the stories and have received the emails about being cautious and being aware of your surroundings--this is another reminder.  I love you all and ask that we all pray for one another's families and safety.  Thanks.

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

That seriously makes me mad. You will have to keep us updated on her condition and if they find out why it happened to this family. So scary.

Autumn said...

My gosh-that is SO scary!!!! I'd be very interested to know of an update, if they found a motive? I'm so sorry to hear that!

Kelly said...

That is crazy scary! I meant to ask you about it today at the sale- you have to keep us updated.

Valarie said...

Hey Kelly. Thanks for coming over to my blog and OH MY GOSH!!! That is a horrible, horrible story. I am not in Ohio and so I obviously didn't hear anything on the news. Did the woman survive?? What is wrong with people?!?!

Marianne said...

That is scary! It really does remind you how fragile life is and how one second can change an entire life! I hope she is ok as well as your in-laws! That can really shake you up when you see something like that.

jon and kir said...

way scary!!! There are so many crazies out there!!

Home Management Group said...

Was that your father-in-law on the news? I saw the report & wondered if that was near Neal's family. Wow. We've got to keep our garage doors shut when not going in or out.