Saturday, October 11, 2008

Confession












I have a confession!  I LOVE the smell of camp fires!  Yes, I know all about Smokey the safety Bear, but when I smell wood burning on a fall night, I want to be there participating.  Even more enjoyable is spending time talking and sky viewing with family and friends around the fire.  Last Monday we bought a fire pit and have had a blast!  Monday nights FHE was around the fire with our neighbors and of course s'mores.  Tuesday night--night around the camp fire--s'mores.  Wed. night, wanted to be out by the fire, but it rained all day:( (Thought about making a s'more in the microwave.)  Thursday night-Neal wasn't home to start the fire:)--(yes, that's his thang.)  Friday night-around the campfire with some friends-roasted hot dogs and had s'mores again.  So my point in telling you all of this is not only to confess my love for camp fires and s'mores, but to see if any of you know how to make a low fat s'more!!--  At my rate I could be playing Santa at this years ward Christmas party.  Ho Ho Ho!

5 comments:

adams fam said...

Hey, It's Cade!
Thanks for getting in contact with us. It has been a long time! So, now share the details!!!!
Anyways, We are jealous of your campfire fun. We love campfires but it is too blimy hot here in Texas still so we stay inside.
Holla

Kelly said...

Love campfires and especially smores!! No low fat way that I know of and if you find out PLEASE pass it along!

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

I love that picture of Carter and Abby. Such a cute one!
My parents got a fire pit last Christmas, and they love it too. The "essence" of camping is the best!

Kristin said...

I LOVE IT!!!! I wish I could help you out on this one. Maybe we should invent a low fat chocolate. What you say? ;0)

The Koenig Family said...

i'm down with a low fat chocolate, as long as it tastes real:) I am going to start using low fat grahams, that should help.