Thursday, October 9, 2008

Charades

Last night we had the pleasure of having some friends stay over from out of town.  (Actually they both served missions in Germany with Neal, and then they got married and mover to the "OH-IO.")  Actually they live in Athens, OH, but Jesse is in the military and is stationed in Kosovo, and Emily is still in Athens, but will be leaving for Ireland next week.  They will be apart for 5 months and then Jesse is due back home and so is Emily.  Jesse is on special leave for 10 days so he can interview for dental school.  They have been traveling like mad the past few days, so we're happy we could see them for a night.  Yesterday they were in AZ and today they go to Louisville, KY.
Anyway-last night my kids were so excited to have them here.  They were bouncing off the walls.  Jesse had the genius idea of playing charades with Brandon--no talking, but he could use props.  So we would send him down to the basement(where we keep the toys) and then Brandon would come up being someone and we would have to guess who he was or what he was doing.  Well, Carter saw how fun that was and joined in.  Here's Carter's first charade.  He comes up with a plate.  He is moving it around all over, throws it like a Frisbee, acts like he's cooking.  We're yelling out--"chef, cook, Frisbee, your making___,"and nothing.  We couldn't figure it out--the whole time Carter is grinning ear to ear.  We couldn't guess it and he starts going out of the room, and turns around and said, "I'm a PLATE!"  It was really funny.  How did we not get that he was a plate--he had it right in his hand!  I love kids....Brandon's real whopper was when he came up with a racing helmet on his head and we guessed all the racing things we could and then he finally says, "I'm a hot wheel driver".  So our race car driver, nascar driver, speed racer didn't count--it was a hot wheel driver!  Never seen a hot wheel driver, but OK.  Sometimes I think the kids just switch up what they are to keep us guessing and then they make up something right at the end.....or maybe I just stink at charades.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Hey there! I saw your comment on Kelly Ortman's blog and wondered who this cool chica was so linked to your blog where I saw my blog on your friends list. I was confused until I took a closer look at the picture and saw who it was! How fun is the blogging world! I'm glad I have another way to connect with you other than the occasional hello's in the halls at church. I'm glad to hear the Santa Maria is fun. I was considering going but didn't know if my kids would enjoy it. I will add you to my blog list so we can keep in touch!

Kelly said...

My kids just love playing charades, except we call it "guess who I am"! They love to do animals and it is even funnier when they do us! Many times I have laughed harder at that than with any other game!
Fun times with fun friends!!

Britney said...

What a cute story. Kids just keep us guessing, don't they? :)

PS- We miss watching the buckeyes with you guys!