Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A new found love...






It's been way to long since I've blogged.  We've been struck with the flu bug for the past week, but that's not the only reason.  I've been introduced to a new love---facebook.  What a cool thing we have.  We can virtually type in anyone we know and reconnect if they are on the network.  So amazing.  If you haven't checked it out, you should-it's pretty dope.
I actually started fbook because my hubby had one and one night last week I came downstairs after a rough day and found an email asking Neal to confirm a friend request from fbook.  The friend was someone from Argentina that I knew from my mission.  She said she had been trying to find me.  It made my day and I had no idea that fbook was world wide--I'm not all that up to date on the wireless world.  So I decided that next day to start facebooking and it has been so fun to reconnect with old pals and current pals.
Also--a few other things I want to say...

I want to thank whomever "boo'd" us the other night.  Scared my kidos to death when we got a knock at the door that night, but it was so sweet.  Don't exactly know who it was, but thank you.  Brandon came upstairs and said, "That was just so sweet of someone to do that to us."  I agree.  Little acts of kindness go a long way and are very appreciated--Especially since we haven't been out of the house for a few days, that was just a nice way to feel some "fresh cold air".
I'm going to try to post some pics we took from Pigeon Roost Farm.  That place is da bomb if you haven't been there-check it out maybe Thursday or Friday this week--it should be nice weather wise.  It's way fun for the kids and you.  Suggestion--they have some places to sit, but when we go I take a lounge chair so I can take it to where ever the kids want to play.  I play some and then read while they have a blast.  It's nice....

Hope everyone is doing well.  I'll try to be better and get a balance between my two new lovers--blogging and facebook.  Oh real quick--here's a funny.  Talking about new loves....I recently made a wedding video for a friends wedding.  I was looking for good love songs and checked out itunes.  You can hear a clip of any song and then buy it.  Well I found this song that was cute about falling in love everyday.  I thought, "that's too cute!" so I bought it.  After buying it I was so excited to put it to the video--until I listened to it all the way.  It's about a dude falling in love everywhere, everyday--like new loves--on the bus, in the grocery store...not really a good marriage video, huh?:)
Speaking of videos--if you are looking for a very inexpensive WONDERFUL gift for a family member or friend, I'd love to help you make a video.  I know $ is tight for everyone these days, so I would be thrilled to help you create something--would be a nice Christmas present. If you're interested let me know.  Have a great day all!



3 comments:

Angi said...

Yea!! A blog post!! :) I noticed your uh...heady...love affair going on a FB and felt kind of bad for this, your first little love. But you're back! Hurrah! :)

FB is a MAJOR time suck. MAJOR. But so fun!

Planning to check out this Pidgeon place next year, maybe as a field trip for my co-op. Looks like fun!

And you got to sit and READ???? What's that like? LUCKY!

Kelly said...

Everyone I know is on FB now, and I just have been reluctant to try, but maybe I will give it a go sometime soon.
It is easy to keep adding more than 5 photos- just hit the same button you did the first time and add 5 more until you are done. Easy.
Love the pics, by the way!!

Autumn said...

OH baby, FB became a big addiction last summer. The first week or so it was all consuming. But now I just add friends and look at photos. I have LOVED finding old friends and am doing a post on it soon. I have some pix of elementary friends that I've been dying to post.